Move ahead in your real estate career with our New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Level 6)!
Please note: You can not enrol on this course if you are currently enrolled in any of our other qualifications.
|Block course one:
|9, 10 and 11 April, 2024
|9am - 4.00pm
|Live online one:
|12 June, 2024
|9am - 12pm
|Live online two:
|7 August, 2024
|9am - 12pm
|Block course two:
|3, 4 and 5 September, 2024
|9am - 4.00pm
|25 October, 2024
NZ4396 New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate | Level 6 (Agents Qualification) runs over 24 weeks, with two, three-day in-person block courses held in our event space in Auckland and two live online sessions.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide the New Zealand real estate industry with people who have in-depth operational and strategic knowledge to lead staff professionally and ethically; and can lead a real estate business as a principal to ensure compliance within the current regulatory environment.
To attain the Agents Qualification, you must have the New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Level 5) or the National Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5), or a current, or suspended (within the last three years), Branch Managers licence.
For a full overview of the program, please download the programme schedule here.
- Utilise an in-depth understanding and expertise of the legal and compliance requirements specific to New Zealand to strategically guide the operations of a real estate business.
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of discharging contracts in various real estate scenarios, overseeing the preparation and administration of such contracts.
- Effectively communicate with external stakeholders and networks within the real estate industry.
- Apply operational management principles and practices to manage trust accounts, ensure compliance with anti-money laundering and countering financing of terrorism regulations, develop marketing strategies, handle human resources, and manage risk in order to support and enhance the strategic objectives of a real estate business.
- Incorporate the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi to actively promote cultural inclusion and explore opportunities to improve strategic business activities and relationships within the real estate sector.
- Demonstrate awareness of current legislation and regulatory requirements, and adhere to ethical standards, in order to develop professional policies that align with the business objectives and societal impact of a real estate enterprise.
How do I enrol?
If you want to enroll please follow these steps:
1. Download this training agreement and fill in your details. You will also need to send a copy of your ID. Please take note of the following:
- ID needs to be verified by a Justice of the Peace, police officer, or solicitor (including NZ Passports).
- No handwritten forms will be accepted. All training agreements must be signed by Adobe sign or DocuSign.
- You will need to provide your NSN number (details on how to find your NSN are in the enrolment form)
2. Once completed please email the documents and a copy of your ID to [email protected]
3. Proceed by clicking the 'register now' button on the right-hand side to secure your spot and make payment.
A couple of weeks before the first workshop the team will be in touch with further details. If you have any questions please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
This qualification is offered by REINZ in collaboration with Ignite Colleges.
With over 20 years of experience in law and real estate, Lisa has a strong background in law as well as a salesperson selling real estate. After spending her time in New Zealand and overseas in law, she created her business (Lisa Thorsen Consulting Limited) which handles real estate compliance matters for different agencies as well as delivering training for REINZ. Most recently Lisa has also turned her hand back to marketing properties for sale for Ray White.
Lisa is driven, tenacious, energetic and passionate about property and enjoys the relationships she forms with people whether they are clients, vendors, buyers, or educators. Lisa provides her clients with care and meticulous detail, while demonstrating thorough attentiveness to the technical aspects of a legal contract.
Guest Speaker - Block Course Two
An International Hall of Fame inductee and recipient of his network’s highest accolade – The Sir Leslie Hooker Award for Excellence in the Real Estate Profession, Paul’s list of national and international awards is truly outstanding.
Twice his network’s #1 salesperson in New Zealand in both “Boom” and “Bust” markets, Paul intimately understands what it takes to be at the very top as a real estate salesperson.
Since then, Paul’s real estate business has won, for an unprecedented eleven consecutive years, “New Zealand’s Most Productive Office” award and four consecutive years the “International Most Productive Office” award from more than 500 competing offices.
Paul was also his network’s “Franchise Owner of the Year” for a record six consecutive years.
With a focus on productivity, profit and achieving a work/life balance, Paul has an incredible amount of energy, passion and knowledge on what it takes to succeed in the real estate industry.
$3000 + GST Per Person
400 learning hours
Please note you may be eligible for an exemption from the REA for the CPD year if you complete this qualification. For more information, please visit the REA website.