Welcome to the NZ Certificate in Residential Property Management.
Intake 11 | Auckland
Whether you're a seasoned property manager seeking formal recognition of your skills or aiming to enhance your expertise in property management, enrolling in the NZ Certificate in Residential Property Management is an excellent decision. Our programme equips you with the necessary knowledge and tools for achieving success in your business endeavours, and you'll receive a nationally recognised qualification upon completion.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide the residential property management and community housing sectors with individuals who will be able to operate, under broad guidance, within the private, public, or community housing management environment. The qualification aims to benefit the community by promoting consumer/tenant confidence in the sectors and processes.
The qualification provides a pathway for people intending to develop a higher level of expertise in the sector. It also recognises the achievement of relevant knowledge and skills of those who are already employed in the sector.
- Legal and theoretical knowledge
- Establishing residential tenancy management
- Establishing a residential tenancy
- Maintaining residential tenancies
The programme content and assessments are completed online.
There are four workshops sessions over a 12-month duration. These sessions are practical, engaging and hands on and provide valuable 'real-world' input. The workshops are delivered by industry and subject matter experts. Face-to-face workshops will be held in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch throughout the year.
Workshop one | Face-to-face: Wednesday, 23rd October 2024
Workshop two | Face-to-face: Wednesday, 29th January 2025
Workshop three | Face-to-face: Wednesday, 16th April 2025
Workshop four | Face-to-face: Wednesday, 30th July 2025
End date: Friday, 24th October 2025
How do I enrol?
For a full overview of the program, please take a look at the syllabus here. If you want to enroll please follow these steps:
1. Download this training agreement and fill in your details. You will also need to send a copy of your ID. Please take note of the following:
- ID needs to be verified by a Justice of the Peace, police officer, or solicitor (including NZ Passports).
- No handwritten forms will be accepted. All training agreements must be signed by Adobe sign or DocuSign.
- You will need to provide your NSN number (details on how to find your NSN are in the enrolment form)
2. Once completed please email the documents and a copy of your ID to [email protected]
3. Proceed by clicking the 'register now' button on the right-hand side to secure your spot and make payment.
A couple of weeks before the first workshop the team will be in touch with further details. If you have any questions please direct them to email@example.com
This qualification is offered by REINZ in collaboration with Ignite Colleges.
Joanne Rae has worked in every role of the property management profession over the past 30 years. This includes starting up and owning two successful property management businesses spanning 28 years, in central Auckland.
She holds an Agent’s Licence and has been an AREINZ (Associate) member of REINZ since 1993.
Jo works as a Senior Consultant to REINZ in the property management profession. Her role includes keeping abreast of all the latest legislation (including the Residential Tenancies Act), keeping members informed of industry changes, and further developing REINZ’s educational offering to Property Management Members.
If you would like to register your interest, please email [email protected].